Tuesday, March 24, 2009

On A Personal Note

For a number of years I have done private/personal chef work either as a main job or as supplemental income. Back in the 90's I started doing this stuff with a buddy and colleague and we named our little business Professional Home Dining (PHD for short).

The whole thing kicked off with a high-end wine dinner for a guy here in Charlotte that had something to do with the Charlotte Hornets basketball team. Never figured out if he was a doctor, or a lawyer, or what he was.

I've had the opportunity to offer my services as an item for charity auctions. Those are always fun, and it's amazing how frenzied the bidders get about any chef at all.

In Phoenix I served as personal chef for the President/CEO of the Fender guitar company Bill Shultz and his wife Mary Jane. [I also groomed their little Bichon Frise, Molly].

I've had a lot of fun getting to know people over the years and serving their most candid culinary desires! In all of the free time I've had lately I've put a lot of effort into learning how to design a website...so I have one now! I'm about to embark on a new journey and a new chapter in my career (tell you more about that later), but I'll always be around to do private events, cooking lessons, demos, and professional consulting.

I finally finished my website and this is just a quick note to invite you along...


Professional Home Dining
(professionalhomedining.com)


See you there!


PS- Those plump, delicious looking Morels up top there were actually discovered and plucked from the ground by yours truly in the spring of 2006 at Beech Mountain, NC!

No comments: